Geographic Information Science Profile
Highly analytical and detail-oriented developing professional using relevant applications for Geographic Information Science (GIS), with the ability to perform in a position that requires discipline, integrity, also working well in teams.
- Advanced ArcGIS applications: Well experienced with using ArcGIS 10.6, ArcPro, ArcScene
- Data Analysis: LiDAR, ERDAS, Network / Data Analysis, Advanced skill in Microsoft Excel
- Key strengths: Working well in both independent projects as well with groups. Proactive problem solver, attentive to identifying errors and rectifying them. Always a wanting and willing to learn new applications and processes
- Old Dominion University
- Bachelor’s in Biology: Graduating May 2019
- Geographic Information Science Certificate, May 2019
- Tidewater Community College
- Associates of Science: Graduated May 2016: Magna Cum Laude
- Dean’s List, Phi Theta Kappa Honors Society, Tau Sigma National Honors Society
Relevant Coursework: Advanced ArcGIS, Cartography, Digital Tech Remote Sensing, Cartography, Geospatial Field Techniques, Advanced Excel, Statistics, Applied Calculus
Previous Work Experience
Old Dominion University, Norfolk VA December 2018 to Current
- ArcGIS Technician
- Maintaining GIS data, geocoding, digitization of data, GIS Data Analysis, GIS Modeling, performing spatial analysis through Basic scripting using SQL and spatial queries, gathering spatial content from multiple resources including local and regional governments, land survey, census, etc.
Old Dominion University, Norfolk VA Spring 2017 to Spring 2018
- Research for Undergraduates in Mathematics and Science (RUMS Program)
- Using GIS / GPS data gathered from tagging seabirds to perform
- Analyzing the effects of wind energy on seabirds through satellite tracking
- Formulating quantitative spatially-explicit collision and disturbance risk models
- Hands on experience capturing seabirds and attaching GPS transmitters
- GPS tagging islands to map its current formation
- Presented data at the undergraduate research symposium
GEICO Homeowners Service Sales Agent 7/2005 to 12/2013
Fredericksburg, VA: Virginia Beach, VA
- Homeowners specialty service agent
- Successfully trained 15 employees to use new software in addition a team leader on several other projects.
- Team lead to rewrite accounts with written with errors. Successfully rewrote accounts and exceeded processing expectations set for the project.